Ecotable gourmet restaurant one hour from Paris
in Surville in Normandy
Mathieu de Martin Monego, our chef, is delighted to offer seasonal, vegetable and gourmand cooking supports our local producers.
The table is open on Thursday, Friday, Saturday evenings and holiday eve, and all evenings (except Tuesday – except Tuesday 13th July 2021) in July and August. The table must be booked at least 24 hours in advance (Please feel free to send us any other requests out of opening days or for lunch).
The restaurant is accessible to guests with disabilities.
The chef Mathieu de Martin Monego
Mathieu grewn up in a close family for whom Sunday’s lunch is an institution. It was only natural for him to developa love of cooking and gastronomy from the earliest days (14 years old !).
He started his career in Beaune, in a traditional french restaurant. Then he joined the kitchen team that opened the “Cures Marines” in Trouville, where the chef Johan Thyriot becomes his mentor. In just a few years, he went from help baker to sous Chef and the “Cures Marines” was awarded a Michelin star. Mathieu didn’t stop there.
After a year in Vendée, in the michelin star restaurant “Les Genets”, he joins the group of the “Jardin des Plumes” in Giverny at the beginning of 2020, to assist David Galienne, the winner of franch Top Chef 2020.
At 28 years old, Mathieu feels ready to entice you in his own style of cooking. He shares our environmentally responsible culinary values and will offer seasonal, vegetable and gourmand cooking supports our local producers.
Nothing better than a good French breakfast to begin the day ! We offer you products of high quality and, for most of them, organic. Through the breakfast you will discover ancestral know-how with a rural accent.
- Normandy butter, naturally rich in nutrients, creamy and of an inimitable color. Salty or sweet, Esprit Normand farm produces this butter within 30km.
- The fruit juices of Domaine du Hauts Vents : artisanal and local production, inviting you to discover the taste of apples and pears of the Normandy.
- On our cereal bar, you can discover Catherine Kluger’s organic granolas: refined mixtures without added sugar, without palm oil, without preservative and adjuvant, and made in France …
- Yogurt with fresh milk produced by Esprit Normand.
- For your hot drink, it is a local coffee roaster : Jeanne d’Arc or an organic tea from L’autre thé.
- And finally, nothing better than a fresh fruit salad, prepared by our chef, and homemade jams to stock up on vitamin!
Feeling peckish at lunchtime? Planning a bike ride or a trip to the seaside? We have got the solution: in a pretty wicker basket, decorated with a thick blanket, enjoy the pleasure of a real country chic picnic.
Open the basket and discover a real feast of fresh, organic and local, products, carefully selected:
- A fresh and crusty baguette
- Organic seasonal raw vegetables cooked by the organic caterer “Liaison bio”
- Terrines from “la falaise qui rougit” will please vegetarians, fans of sea rillettes or pork terrine by offering you a wide choice that will delight any buds.
- Homemade biscuits made by our producer “Mes petits biscuits”
- Fresh and seasonal fruits
Frequently ask questions
Can we have dinner on site?
Yes, the chef’s table will welcome you for a seasonal dinner, with local and gourmet products. We offer a set menu which changes every day.
Do I need to book for the dinner?
Yes, as the number of tables at restaurant is limited, it is mandatory to book a table before your arrival.
What kind of cuisine do you serve?
We serve a daily set menu. Mathieu, our chef, will delight you with his seasonal, tasty and colourful cuisine.
Are pets allowed?
Animals are not allowed, as the space in the restaurant is limited. However, in summer pets are welcome on the terrace.
What time is dinner served?
We welcome you for dinner between 19:30 and 20:30.
Is the restaurant open to non-residents?
Yes, non-residents can book a table at the restaurant.
Do you serve lunch?
The manor’s table is not open for lunch. However, a picnic basket option is available.
Is there a vegetarian, vegan or gluten-free menu?
If you have any allergies or dietary restrictions, please let us know before your arrival. Our chef will prepare a menu to suit your restrictions.
Is there a children’s menu?
Yes, the chef prepares a children’s menu by adapting the dish of the day (meat or fish and vegetables).
Is the restaurant accessible to guest with disabilities?
Yes, the restaurant is accessible and one storey high.